Wednesday, August 31, 2011

At last..

I have always loved that song. By Etta James. The instruments, the words...the motion. But obviously many a time it is applied to romantic notions, romantic feelings. And why not when all we need is love? In this case I don't know what the mood is here..if it is romantic or not. But I know the reason and it is that at last this diary comes back to life. Once a feature in Blantyre Newspapers Limited's Malawi News, it died a natural death. The way a girl fades away when womanhood comes along. and indeed this diary faded, the emotions and dreams went along with it leaving the memory almost a fantasy.
But I have been encouraged by a colleague and very dear friend who also happens to be running a blog of her own to bring this woman back and why not? She seems to have a lot to say and wants to share it all with whoever might catch a glimpse of this page.
It may take a decade to simply get to the next step, but the getting there is what really matters so here I am.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am glad Leticia's Diary is finally back. I loved this feature in Malawi News. I will always make a date!

    ReplyDelete